Biotechnology is currently the fastest growing market within the pharmaceutical industry and the number of temperature sensitive products is increasing. As a result, your industry requests seamless temperature control along the whole supply chain.
In addition, the Food and Drug Association (FDA) and equivalent organizations mandate conditions and quality procedures for all stages of drug manufacture and distribution. On top of this, debt crisis and healthcare reforms lead to cost containment activities all around the world.
Smartways offers end-to-end visibility and pro-active temperature monitoring & control to support the pharmaceutical industry including temperature controlled packaging solution, Good Distribution Practice (GDP) validated processes with reliable transportation within our own controlled network and Supply Chain Optimization (SCO). We identify ways how healthcare companies can collaborate to realize supply chain cost reductions and service synergies through Co-opetition.
Our healthcare services:
- End-to-end solutions for pharmaceuticals (small molecules, generics, biotech, over-the-counter (OTC), API, vaccines, animal health) and medical devices (diagnostics, surgical and medical instruments and equipment)
- Smartways Charter Network for door-to-door shipments of temperature sensitive products
- 70 business units around the world are GDP-compliant (30 are GDP-certified)
- 23 certified Envirotainer (QEP) stations for cool chain handling
- Strategy alignment and co-opetition approach for strategic accounts
- End-to-end supply chain management and optimization including control tower and global visibility
Global Head IV Healthcare